At Ulovane Environmental Training we pride ourselves on offering outstanding courses with great success in creating knowledgeable, enthusiastic and ethical guides who are committed to conservation and who truly want to make a difference.
WHY CHOOSE ULOVANE?
- We take a personal interest in each and every student and enjoy sharing our passion and dedication with you. Our teams extreme flexibility and interest according to personal development and career path. We are here to assist you in achieving your goals and being successful in the course. We will continue to be of support once you begin your career in the eco-tourism industry (you become a part of the Ulovane Family).
- We are very proud of our training facility on Ulovane Reserve and believe it is one of the TOP training facilities in South Africa. The camp offers our students a comfortable lodge like environment. Our fully equipped lecture room with library, overhead projector, insect collection and comfortable desk and chairs to ensure the students are in the perfect environment to concentrate on their studies. Our camp is GREEN – We not only preach the concept of energy saving and zero emission, but we truly live it and make everyone aware that we have to change our lifestyle to save our beautiful planet.
- Amakhala Game Reserve provides the students with extensive exposure and experience with most of the big 5 as well as Cheetah, brown hyena, caracal, serval and bat eared foxes, ensuring a diverse experience.
Who would enjoy these courses?
- Anyone who is over 18 and under 50.
- If you have a passion for the environment and wildlife and are serious about a career within the Lodging and Hospitality industry, then Ulovane Environmental Training is for you.
- Anyone looking for a change in their lifestyle from a boring 8–5 job
- You may not specifically want a career as a guide, but want to learn more about the environment, animals and people.
- Anyone who wants to gain knowledge, skills – anything from how to change a tyre, to learning how to handle a .375 rifle, is welcome to apply for these courses.
Below please find information for the Ulovane FGASA accredited courses on offer for 2013,4 and beyond!
There are two options: the Career Focus Courses and the Specialised Guide Courses.
CAREER FOCUS COURSES
These Career Focus courses can ensure you an excellent start to your career in the Lodge and Guiding Industry. Ulovane Environmental Training can help you achieve your guiding skills and qualifications in the most spectacular and unmatched experience available. These professional skills and recognized qualifications will open the doors to your guiding career anywhere in Africa.
SPECIALISED GUIDE COURSES
These Specialised courses are for guides who already have their FGASA Level One qualification. Ulovane Environmental Training can help you achieve specialised qualifications, so that you may go on to be a guide that everyone wants to hire! These professional skills and recognised qualifications will open even more doors to your guiding career anywhere in Africa.